Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pw4000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
Hi guys,
I'm new in this forum and I'm new with Apple products. A week ago I bought a macbook air for university and I tried to install some printers I have in my network.
I'm sorry if I won't be very accurate explaining what I did, but as said, Mac OS X is very new for me, I come from windows...

So, I installed my printers by searching them by their IPs. The computer saw and recognized all of them and downloaded the required software to make them work.

I tried to print some documents, but the computer says me that any of the printers can't be found even if near the printer name says it is inactive and the little led light is green (or orange when I try to print).

I tried to find some solutions in the web, but I couldn't solve.

Do you have any ideas?
Thank you very much!

Alessandro

rrm998

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2012
Houston, TX USA
^^^^^
What is the make and model of the printers? What drivers were downloaded? If you look in Print & Scan under System preferences, are the printers found and what status is shown?

pw4000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
i've got two HP printers (officejet 8500 a909a and officejet 4500g), and two epson (px730wd and sx235w). All seen as inactive.
When I installed them, everything was done automatically, I had only to say I wanted to download and install the drivers from Apple.

pw4000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
yes, I bought it 2 weeks ago, so I will try with Apple care. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.