iPhone Wifi problem! Do you have same issue?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BrandonPrice31, Dec 23, 2014.

1. BrandonPrice31 macrumors member

I'm on 8.1.2

My wifi always stays connected, and speed is fine, but sometimes when I load an application or go to a new webpage, the connection will drop for a second although I'm still connected to wifi.

Is this a defect or software bug?

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Haven't had the issue aside from wifi signal strength just not being great in 8.x... was so strange, when I got my iPhone 6 even when I sit 2 feet from my Airport Router it'll show 2 of 3 bars... in an area where I obviously should be getting 3 bars. First I thought maybe it was just my router\iPhone combo, but I see lots of articles about it out there, so guess it's either the WiFi chip, or the iOS 8.x.

Doesn't seem to drop out though.

3. Ericbe59 macrumors member

Ericbe59

Try WiFried. Solved my 8.1.1 WiFi problems.

https://medium.com/@mariociabarra/wifried-ios-8-wifi-performance-issues-3029a164ce94

----------

Oh yeah. About WiFried: After install, just make sure to turn Airdrop on, then WiFried (AWDL Off) and reboot. That worked for me.

4. JTaffer macrumors newbie

What's Wifrieds repo? I can't get the link abovek to load but I'm curious to try it.

5. tys macrumors 6502

I have the same issues as the OP. WiFried has made it much less frequent, but still happens occasionally.
    It's in the modmyi repo I think.