Wifi problem iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jspiegs, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Jspiegs macrumors member

Jspiegs

I am having an issue where my wifi intermittently won't find any wifi networks or connect to known ones. A hard reboot does not work. Short of a restore I have to reset the network settings. I have to re-input my passkeys for my wifi networks and it's really annoying.

Anyone else experience this? Is it a software bug or a hardware issue?

2. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

If you have done the latest update 8.0.2 and you are still having problems I would contact apple and have them check the hardware. Could be a minor fix.

3. Jspiegs thread starter macrumors member

Jspiegs

yeah i had the problem before and after the update. i guess i'll make a genius bar appointment.

4. Marli macrumors regular

I had this issue, changed wifi channels and all is good. Has been working perfectly since..

5. Jspiegs thread starter macrumors member

Jspiegs

Good idea. I'll try that.

I changed channels. What channel are you using? I switched to 11.

6. Koziakauzu macrumors member

Wifi problem iPhone 6

Not sure how changing channels would fix that, it is not an issue where the iPhone cannot see a specific wifi network but all of them (public, neighbors,...)

7. Jspiegs thread starter macrumors member

Jspiegs

Right. Is this a common problem right now?

8. mazdamiata210 Suspended

Same problem with my 6+ and my friend's.... Swapped it at Apple and still having the same problem with my replacement setup as a new phone on multiple networks. It's a software issue or a major widespread hardware problem.

9. Marli macrumors regular

Im using 6 on one router and 11 on the other, but I only really use the one router, channel 6.

Using the non overlapping channels fixed my WiFi dropping and connecting issues. If I use an overlapping channel I immediately get issues. Its repeatable, and only happens on the 6. 5s, iPods and 4S dont exhibit the same symptoms.

I can also repeat it using 1, 6 or 11. the non overlapping channels.So I stuck with 6 and its been rock solid for a week now. I use VIOP on the phone a lot for OS conf calls, FaceTime etc and never had a drop. Calls can go on for hours.

10. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

This has happened to me too a few times with 2 different iPhone 6's. All of a sudden no wifi networks could be found and when I tried to type on in it just said unable to connect. The hard reset did the trick for me. It has to be connected to the new 802.11ac chips. iOS 8.0.2 hasn't fixed the issue.

11. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Mine was like that but after a network reset it seems to be working fine for me now.

12. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

I was having this problem, but I was using a 5S so I think it might be the software. It has gotten worse on 8.0.2. I've upgraded to a 6 that is due to deliver today and I'm hoping the problem won't happen on this phone.

13. pgrider macrumors newbie

I'm experiencing a different flavor of WiFi issue with my 6 Plus. It sees my router and connects just fine (I get the WiFi symbol in the upper left corner), but there's no data flowing through the connection. Everything (Safari, Facebook, YouTube, etc) simply times out without ever loading the data. When I switch over to LTE then I'm fine.

This is with an Apple Airport, which we got just before getting the new iPhone. The same problem is happening to my wife's 6 Plus, so could it be a problem with the Airport? We switched channels and that seemed to help for a couple days, but the problem eventually re-occurs. I should note that the wired connection through the Airport is fine -- it's only a WiFi issue with the 6 Plus's.

HELP! Any suggestions?

14. funkymonkeyboy macrumors regular

There is no solution yet other than to wait for Apple to fix the wifi bugs. My issues are with the iPad Air and Mini Retina. Both worked fine on iOS 7 but have major issues on iOS 8. My iPhone 6 however, runs fine.

My temp solution was to use an AirPort Extreme on bridge mode for the iPads and use the wifi from that as my ISP router doesn't want to know.