Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vicentelles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2015
Hi, I am having problems with my Mac Mini.
Wifi used to work correctly but now it doesn't.
Sometimes I cannot see my home network from my Mac but I can see others. I'm with my iPhone on the same place and I have full signal...

Then, sometimes, I can see my network but it is gray and when I click it says I can't connect to it.

And then, there are very few times when it works but very slow (although having full signal).

I've ran the troubleshooting program but it found nothing.
Do you know what's happening?

Thanks

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
Hi, I am having problems with my Mac Mini.
Wifi used to work correctly but now it doesn't.
Sometimes I cannot see my home network from my Mac but I can see others. I'm with my iPhone on the same place and I have full signal...

Then, sometimes, I can see my network but it is gray and when I click it says I can't connect to it.

And then, there are very few times when it works but very slow (although having full signal).

I've ran the troubleshooting program but it found nothing.
Do you know what's happening?

Thanks

You running the latest build of OS X?

GilesM

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2008
I had the same issue....

Turns out it was caused by a USB 3 hard drive in close proximity to the rear of the MM. I moved the drive and the issue went away. USB3 interference with the 2.4 ghz frequency is a known and documented issue.
This was my circumstance, things may be different for you of course, you did not state if you have any USB3 devices or if you are using the 2.4 ghz frequency. Just relaying my experience on this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.