WiFi problem

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cvzyl, Jul 8, 2011.

1. cvzyl macrumors newbie

My brother's WiFi network requires very specific network settings. He needs to use static settings to specify IP address, subnet and gateway.
    On his iPad2 when he sets the WiFi settings for his network to static (and completes all the addresses) it automatically reverts back to DHCP. Obviously the network then fails to work.
    What is strange is that his iPhone4 successfully works with the static settings and does not revert to DHCP.

What could be the cause for this?
    C
    :confused:

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I've never ran across that when adding a static IP to my iPad. I've done it at work and at home and my iPad has never reverted back to DHCP. If I were him, I'd try erasing all network settings and starting over.

To do so: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

EDIT* Just curious, but why does he require statics at home? My 360 is static, but that's only for port forwarding.

3. cvzyl thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Hazy, I'll ask him to give that a try.

He lives out in the sticks and use an ISP that provides service via radio towers, they get allocated a limited amount (5) IP addresses which must be set manually. It suck, but its the only option available where he stays.

C

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud