Wifi Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iPoTmon, Aug 25, 2009.

1. iPoTmon macrumors newbie

iPoTmon

Alright im having a little bit of issues here on my new macbook pro 13. Seems like when ever i connect to this router http://dlink.ca/products/?pid=470 ill be connected to it wirelessly and like 10-20 mins later it will disconnect but my airport icon says im still connected. For me to connect back i have to turn off airport and turn it back on.

Dont know whats the problem here. I have restarted my router many times. I have another computer hooked up to it (a PC) which is working fine, also the xbox 360. Everything on this mac is up to date.

Can anyone please help me what i have to do to make this connection strong and not drop? Im right beside the router but at the moment on connected through ethernet cable.

Thanks in advance.

2. ian.maffett macrumors 6502

ian.maffett

I know you have a PC working fine on it but I would still blame the router. It's just me. I have had several D-Link wifi routers and haven't found 1 that I liked enough to keep for this very reason. Linksys is one of the best, by far. I am sure I can get concurrence on that by fellow readers... If you can, try to connect to a friend's wifi and test it out just to be sure it actually isn't the airport but I would seriously be surprised if it is.

3. iPoTmon thread starter macrumors newbie

iPoTmon

yeah sometimes i think its the router. But i also have windows on this mac with bootcamp. It doesn't seem to disconnect at all. I probably will try going to friends house to test the wifi. Hopefully its not an airport problem.

Anyone else have any ideas?

4. iPoTmon thread starter macrumors newbie

iPoTmon

5. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

Actually I'm puzzled too.
    I have a D Link WBR 1310 G and am running a PB G4 1.67 with 10.5.8 with no problem staying connected via AirPort Extreme.

Of course your hardware is different but I did have trouble in the past with a D Link USB G wifi dongle dropping the connection every 30 minutes or so. It seemed to overheat and would work again after cooling down.