wifi problems after update

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alexwaston, Feb 20, 2017.

1. alexwaston, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017

alexwaston Suspended

updated my ipad air 2 to newest ios. im having wifi problems. wont connect, tells me my password is incorrect. i know this is wrong because well im connected on my iphone, same wifi connection. is there a bug in newest update that broke something im not aware of ? and id say its something in my settings or bug on my ipad etc. if i just didnt completely erase my ipad and have it empty cleaned out reformatted etc. also none my apps seem update right anymore. games etc dont update unless i refomat the ipad every month like i wont get the updates ? starting get kinda sick of this ipad :-/

2. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

Yo...

Give these steps a try.

1.Restart your iPad. To do so, simply press and hold the on/off button until you see the red slider, then slide the slider then again press and hold the on/off button until you see the Apple logo.

2.Turn off and back on your Wi-Fi by going to Settings > Wi-Fi.

3.Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate your Wi-Fi network from the list and tap on the (i) button then Forget This Network.

4.Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Please understand that resetting network settings will erase your saved passwords.

5.Disable Wi-Fi networking services by going to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Wi-Fi Networking.

6.Try changing the DNS servers on your iPad. You may try Google DNS. Simply tap Settings > Wi-Fi then find your Wi-Fi network and tap on the (i) icon. Now tap on the DNS numbers to edit and enter 8.8.8.8

7. Reset your wifi router.

Failing this, run the Apple Supprt app and see what your options are. If you can get connected to the internet, that is! You could also take it to an Apple Store and get them to run diagnostics.

Good luck!