WiFi Problems in 10.4.11

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stephenc92, Nov 17, 2007.

1. stephenc92 macrumors regular

stephenc92

My WiFi is cutting out and reconnecting every 60 seconds since i upgraded to 10.4.11

2. deadagain macrumors newbie

same here

I have the same wifi dropout problem since the 10.4.11 upgrade. It's driving me nuts.

3. edyjay macrumors newbie

I have wifi issues with 10.4.11 update

Same problem here...

I could only suspect that it is due to the 10.4.11 update, as prior to the updates i was able to connect my Nintendo Wii and my Acer laptop running XP SP2 through internet sharing utilising the imac as the wireless access point, and now, after the update, i cannot even pick up a SSID, well actually thats half truths because my laptop did pick up a signal for about a minute or less, then dropped out. i tried almost everything, changing settings, secure & unsecure, set different channels, installed the 10.4.11 combo (intel), etc... i googled on for more info to assist to no avail.

However I can detect other secure wireless networks in my area.

Seems like im not alone with this problem. I'll be posting a wide broadcast on different forums, if anyone can help please drop me a line at e_double_d@hotmail.com

my specs are:

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac5,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz

AirPort Card Information:
    Wireless Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x87)
    Wireless Card Locale: Asia Pacific
    Wireless Card Firmware Version: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (4.170.13.1)
    Current Wireless Network: pomy
    Wireless Channel: 11

4. bojackson63044 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. I have a macbook. Plugging it in the AC adapter definitely helps since the dropping only happens when I'm on battery power. Another thing is that I think it is definitely a software issue. (Mine started after the 10.4.11 update). My hardware growler doesn't pick up on "dropping," the computer will still be connected to the router and the LAN but I simply would lose the ability to access the internet for a while. None of the other pc computers on the same network has this problem. Again, this only happens when I am on battery power.

5. miken79 macrumors newbie

Same here. Ever since 10.4.11, I will randomly loose my connection and than my wireless access point can not be found. I usually have to restart my computer to find my SSID again. It's very frustrating! Any advice would be appreciated.

6. mathking macrumors newbie

Similar problem

I have had a similar problem since the upgrade. It is very irritating. I had a problem with the upgrade to 10.4.10, but it was solved by upgrading my router to 802.11n. This latest problem is driving me nuts. It stays connected to the router but not to the internet. I am suspecting security settings are at fault.

I found a fairly simple work around, but not one I want to use long term. If I log into Skype or AIM the computer stays connected and can access the internet so I don't lose the connection. But otherwise if I lose the connection I have to shut down the computer in order to restore it.