Wifi problems on 2g iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by prabhathandoo, Nov 6, 2010.

1. prabhathandoo macrumors newbie

Hello,
    Need SOS help! I m using 2g iphone with 3.1.2 and yesterday, with no changes done, the phone got disconnected from the wifi at my home. I reset the network settings, rebooted, safe mode- nothing worked. I upgraded my phone to 3.1.3 and this time it connected to the wifi AP. But it keeps disconnecting approx 30 seconds.. After 2-3 attempts it stops to connect untill i reset the settings again. and the process continues!!

PLEASE HELP!!!

appreciate your help
    -Prabhat

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

The wifi card in your iPhone is probably going bad. Time to upgrade to a newer iPhone :rolleyes:

3. prabhathandoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Wifi problems on 2g iphone

Thanks for your response. I observed some change in the last couple of days. I had my iphone on 3.1.2 when the problem started and then i upgraded to 3.1.3 which didnt fix the problem. i downgraded the iphone to 3.1.2 and it did work for a couple of hrs and the problem came back.. does this still mean it could be a hardware issue?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, the firmware has nothing to do with it.
    Your wifi chip is on its last leg thats all.

5. prabhathandoo thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for confirming.. i still wonder why would it work after the change in firmware.. thanks

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It worked for a little and started acting up again right?

7. prabhathandoo thread starter macrumors newbie

yes correct! it worked for a couple of hours after the upgrade and failed again.. now doesnt connect at all. I tried something else too which worked for sometime.

turned off the "connect to known networks", turned wifi off, rebooted the phone.
    once the phone was rebooted, switch the wifi to ON and connected it worked again for a couple of hrs.

-