iPad Wifi Problems On 7.0.4 JB ipad mini

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iamangeln, Jan 11, 2014.

1. iamangeln macrumors regular

iamangeln

Ever since I jail broke my ipad mini (wifi only model)
    My wifi has been shutting off randomly, it'll say I'm connected but i am really not because any downloads I have downloading will stop, and safari won't load any pages. I tried restoring and re-jail breaking but the issue is still here. any idea if this is a glitch of some sort? And would I have to wait until the next OS update so I can be fixed?

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

does the same problem happen when not jailbroken?

do you start new after restoring?

which tweaks are you using to download? or is this appstore apps?

could it be possibly your internet/router cutting off?

3. iamangeln thread starter macrumors regular

iamangeln

I wouldn't happen when I wasn't jail broken, and I'm using an App Store app "Downloads HD" I don't think it's a problem with my router. And yea I restored and set up as new

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Never heard of such thing before so sounds like its an isolated incident.
    You might have a faulty wifi chip.
    My JB ipad mini is fine.

5. iamangeln thread starter macrumors regular

iamangeln

I have insurance, and at my local best by I can trade in this ipad mini (first gen)
    For the retina, but I haven't( although I REALLY want to) due to all the tweaks not working with it yet. But maybe it is just the wifi chip. Well good thing I bought insurance! Lol

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You actually wont need insurance if you bought it less than a year ago.
    All apple products come with a full 1 year warranty so all you have to do is bring it to Apple and they will replace it for you.

7. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

I have the same exact issue. iPad mini retina 32gb wifi. Wifi will random disconnect. It doesn't happen often but it does happen. I'm talking like once a week if that.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Interesting.
    I and the OP have the older ipad mini without retina.

9. iamangeln thread starter macrumors regular

iamangeln

Awesome, I thought they just switched parts, didn't know they actually switched you're whole device! I take care of m ipad, it has 0 scratches lmao.

----------

Mine disconnects so many times a day, I can't watch a full netflix movie without having to switch the iPads wifi on and off. I'll just have to got get it switched out I guess

10. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

whether they replace parts or switch for another refurbished device depends on what's wrong with the device

for example, if it's an iphone 5 with a battery problem, they will just replace the battery and not the whole phone

if it's say the wifi hardware/module that's faulty, they will replace the entire phone (I don't see them switching logic boards just to fix that and i doubt they have the equipment on hand to remove the particular module and then solder on a new one)

11. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I was having the same problem with my iPad Air and took it to the Apple Store. As a last resort, they had me restore and set up "as new", not from a backup. Incredibly, it actually worked and the problem has gone away.

12. iamangeln thread starter macrumors regular

iamangeln

I tried this and the problem still exists. It's so irritating!
    But when I have free time I'm going to get it switched out for a mini with retina.