Wifi problems with 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jamesapp, Jun 25, 2009.

1. jamesapp macrumors 6502a

I just recently updated my 3g iPhone to the 3.0 firmware. I was testing out a couple of apps that use wifi, remote and wifi track(I think it is called wifi track). The remote app ,I downloaded the latest 3.0 compatible version, from the AppStore. When I went to use remote, I created an ad hoc network on my laptop, it worked for a little while but then the app stopped controlling iTunes and said I needed to be on wifi. The wifi track app when I opened it gave me an error message saying: unable to initialize wifi scanner. I am just wondering if there is something wrong with either the apps or the wifi on my phone. Also wondering if anyone else had a similar problem, or if anyone could help me fix my problem?

2. Espo macrumors 6502

, too, have been having wifi issues. Sometimes my phone won't pick up Wifi or takes a minute to pick it up. I'm taking it to the genius bar soon.

Try resetting your network settings.

3. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

I can confirm wifi is a bit shakey on OS 3.0.

4. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Definitely something wrong with wifi on 3.0. 3g and 3gs both show weak signals 10' from router.

5. Sledutah macrumors regular

My 3gs wifi sucks bad, so slow I can't use it. I've sent emails to Apple, but haven't heard anything. I'm sure it has to do with 3.0 and not a hardware issue.
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/

6. jamesapp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, just got back from the library where they have wifi and my wifi on my phone worked. I was able to connect and stay connected. I just got home and created an ad hoc network on my laptop and when I went into settings on my phone my wifi disconnected a couple of times. I reset my network settings and when my iPhone restarted I went into settings connected to my ad hoc network and my wifi disconnected again. I am using a MacBook pro laptop, one thing is a couple of days ago I ran some updates on my laptop, I am pretty sure airport was one of the updates. Also wifiTrak came out with an update for 3.0 so I am going to test that app again.