WiFi problems with iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by IlikeMacsSoMuch, Jun 12, 2013.

1. IlikeMacsSoMuch macrumors 6502

IlikeMacsSoMuch

Hi, I have Been looking into it and I can't find anything. My son's iPhone 4 ( iOS 6), according to him, is on and off from our wifi all by itself.

Basically, when hé goes on YouTube before 8 am it is on 3G, even if we have wifi on. And the signal is strong enough. Is there a setting That he could have used, unknowingly or not, That can do this?

2. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

A lot of things could be going on. Start with turning cellular data off so that wi-fi is forced to work. And if it doesn't then that will tell us more.
    Is your wi-fi unsecured and non-password protected? Does it use a common name such as Linksys?

3. IlikeMacsSoMuch thread starter macrumors 6502

IlikeMacsSoMuch

Hi, my wifi is fully secured, I use an AirPort Extreme That is located 4 meters from my son's room. Yes the AirPort is up to date. I'm just trying to figure out if my son is lying to me, because I told him that through the home Network I could know where and when hé uses the internet, so I think that he puts the wifi off thinking that he could bypass that. I kept an eye on his iPhone since yesterday and I have yet to see the wifi drop.

4. sick z33 macrumors 6502

I would try doing a network reset on iPhone 4.

5. IlikeMacsSoMuch thread starter macrumors 6502

IlikeMacsSoMuch

Thanks, I'll try that