Wifi Problems

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by oglock, Oct 26, 2010.

1. oglock macrumors member

Anyone having wifi problems since jailbreaking 4.1? If I go into settings and
    Select wifi it shows I'm connected but at the top it still shows 3G.. I have to keep rebooting the phone

Thanks

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I had this problem while travelling in London recently useing o2. It was happening in both directions and i was using 4.0.1. The phone would not switch from 3G to wifi without a reboot and also when I left a wifi area it would not switch back to 3G without a reboot. I have since updated to 4.1 and have no idea if the problem is still there since, I do not have a 3G plan in the US.

3. ridx macrumors newbie

I recently tried auto3g (cracked ver), there's no trail. It's a good concept, but that app doesn't work all that well ( maybe because cracked ). Anyway glad I didn't waste money on it. So I delete auto3g thru cydia and the left over remains thru ifile. Now my wifi icon won't show at all even when connected to a network. A respiring or reboot won't bring it back?

4. oglock thread starter macrumors member

anyone else have this problem? its soo annoying having to reboot the phone for wifi

5. Fabricman112 macrumors regular

Fabricman112

happens to me aswell 4.0.1-4.1 jailbreak or not... I switch between 3-5 wifizones just at work, had to remove all but the wpa/2 logins
    still happens a few times per week, the only major problem I have with the phone
    I have spoken with applesupport and my operator (Telia SE), I have access to "surfzones"... basically wifi at cafés, gasstations etc, but I cant use it cuz its web-login and next time I get to wpa a reboot is required :mad:
    all answers from support is to turn wifi off when leaving a wifizone, and on again at another...

6. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

7. Fabricman112 macrumors regular

Fabricman112

I used limerain.. this time
    had the problem on 4.0.2 also, if I switch between wpa/2 protected zones never a problem, but sometimes wep or open wifis break my connection

of course I could turn wifi off from time to time... but a reboot once or twice per week isnt that bad, when all else is perfect with my phone

8. oglock thread starter macrumors member

Still have the same problem

When I open up sbsettings turn on wifi and
    Close it and re open sbsettings it shows its off again but
    If I go to settings wifi shows it's connected but doesn't show the wifi signal bar on the status bar...

The only way to get it working is
    Doing a respring...

Any solutions?

9. gavie macrumors newbie

Is your wifi router security set to WPA? I had similar problems, but when I set router to WEP security it all worked fine

10. goodkat macrumors newbie

have same issue, I reset network settings, and connect to itune, WiFi became normal again.
    However,everytime I use iBlueNova, it turn off my wifi .

11. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I've had to do a couple of reset network settings, but I hate doing that because I lose all my wifi WEP passwords. Have you tried just recycling airplane mode twice instead of the full reset network settings? That may trick it back into proper operation again. Worth a try, and it's a trick that MyWi suggests when wifi settings get confused.

12. dpierre macrumors regular

The only problem I'm having with wifi post-jailbreak(limera1n) is having to reenter my password for one of my home networks. I have two wireless routers and the one that my stuff is connected to always has to have the password reentered. Idk why it's like that. I've tried everything short of restoring, and it's extremely annoying now.

13. oglock thread starter macrumors member

I think this is a bug in sbsettings... The toggle
    For wifi keeps turning off sometimes

14. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

It keeps happening to me. Today on my home network I got the dreaded no wifi and ip address 169.254.xx.

Tried several airplane mode cycles, reset network settings, and no go.

Rebooted my home network and voilà! I have connectivity. I believe App,e has been having these types of network issues for a long time based on today's google search of 169.254 iPhone.