WIFI Profiles 802.1x Security Agent prompt for Admin Credentials

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Lavabo, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Lavabo macrumors newbie

I work as a school technician, mostly windows but severals macbook too.

We just changed our wifi for Aruba, and now using radius for security. All student now acces those mac with their user id and password ( of Active Directory via Radius), that ive set up in 802.1x and a Login Windows Profile, with the proper radius certificate.

Now some student go mess in the wifi configuration, and it seems i can't put security on this (modify or add a network) because when i do so, each time anyone logs in they are prompted by the Mac's SecurityAgent and asked for admin credentials before it! then logs you in successfully. I do not want to give out admin credentials to the students!

Does anyone know of a way I can fix this by either disabling this for Wireless or using some sort of sudo elevated rights for this part only

thanks

2. satcomer, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014

satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Because your setup Radius wrong. Check the MAC Addresses for each computer is still registered in Server 2008s2 or better.

3. Lavabo thread starter macrumors newbie

Radius is ok, we can have acces to wifi with our user credential over the wifi networks! Wifi is allowed per user account each login on macbook and pc's laptop

The problem is students messing with wifi config in the macbook. They delete the network or add new fake networks