Wifi receive calls iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pertusis1, May 27, 2015.

1. pertusis1 macrumors 6502

Longtime macrumors forum member, but I usually use the MacPro forums. This is my first iPhone issue.

I have an iPhone 6 on ATT. At my house, my ATT signal is crumby. Last night, my phone missed calls all night, which is a big problem for my work. Is it possible to configure the iPhone such that even if the phone has no cell signal, calls can be received through the wifi signal? I know I can use wifi to call out through Messages, but I don't know whether it will receive calls in this way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer to use Apple native software, but if I need to use Skype, etc., that would be OK as well.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Only if/when AT&T supports WiFi calling. Aside from that, you might want to look into getting an microcell from AT&T to use at home which should give you a normal signal there.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Like the user above said.
    AT&T doesn't support wifi calling yet.
    Only Sprint and Tmobile currently can do what you're asking for with the iphone.
    AT&T said they are working on it so hope by the end of the year or sooner if we're lucky.

4. Drew.G macrumors newbie

I agree with C DM. Get a Microcell device from AT&T.

I had/have bad service both at my previous and current homes. AT&T could confirm this on their coverage maps, and gave me the device for free.