Wifi Service ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gunga Din, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Gunga Din macrumors 6502

Is there a Wifi Service i can purchase or people could recommend. I saw some info on this in the most recent Macworld Magazine.

Other than some hotspots, I would like to know how I can get more use out of my iPod Touch Wifi.

Thanks

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

would be helpful if we knew which country your in ;)

3. Nickelz92 macrumors member

Since this is a similar question (and mine is for use with the touch), does anyone know any good WiFi routers that are also cheap. I've looked at the Fonera brand because there really inexpensive, but any other suggestions? Thanks.

4. Gunga Din thread starter macrumors 6502

Good pt. I live in the USA, just outside Philadelphia

5. loveapple macrumors newbie

Same here

I live in New York, and I recently got an Ipod touch thinking i can get access to the internet everywhere, however that's not the case. I want to purchase a wifi or find a way to get more for my Ipod touch.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

6. allbrokeup macrumors 6502

You can set it up inside your house/apartment if you have a Mac or PC running XP or Leopard.

Go onto iPod Touch Fans and search the forums for "No wifi at home try this" and follow the instructions. It enables WiFi to share your Ethernet Connection. I cannot personally remember the instructions for Windows, so I decided to post the link incase not all of you have a Mac.

Cheers!​

7. copydeskcat macrumors regular

iPass Connect offers a wi-fi access service for $29.95 per month for North America. Or a handheld device deal for $9.95

https://www.ipassconnect.com/main

I've used it in the past, and it's pretty amazing.

You activate wi-fi on your laptop/device etc., log in to iPass Connect, and it sniffs out nearby wifi and connects you. They have deals with just about every company on the planet.

You don't pay anything beyond your monthly fee - the wi-fi company you access simply charge iPass Connect for the fees. They also have re-sellers in countries where they don't operate.

They do 3G mobile broadband, Wi-Fi hotspots, hotel Ethernet - or dial up when that's all you have.

Not sure if they have anything for iPod Touch yet though.

8. Nickelz92 macrumors member

I searched this and couldn't find it :( Could you possibly post a link? Thanks.

9. Global2 macrumors newbie

Boingo Mobile, $7.95 a month, unlimited

Boingo Mobile will be releasing a client for the iPhone/iPod Touch once the 2.0 software is out and the apps store is up. This will allow for unlimited wifi at associated hotspots around the world for USD 7.95 per month, a very good deal thus. I have used the Windows Mobile version and it works quite well.

If you are in a rush, Devicescape on a jailbroken Touch will let you use a Boingo Mobile account right away.

Global2

10. bericd macrumors member

Drink much coffee?

Starbucks will give you 2 free hours per day if you have a registered gift-card:

http://www.starbucks.com/retail/wireless.asp

2 hours is not bad if you just want to check your mail etc.

It works very well on my Nokia n810.

11. Gunga Din thread starter macrumors 6502

Thx for the replies, I may just wait till 2.0 is released and then continue my search.