Wifi Settings not transferring

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by TacticalDesire, May 25, 2014.

1. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

According to google, my phones wifi settings are supposed to transfer over with my google account since I have it set to backup. Well I got a new Moto X and I signed in with my google account but nothing really transferred over. Ringtones are back at default and none of my wifi passwords are remembered on the new phone. Motorola migrate brought a lot of stuff over but not my wifi passwords. It's just annoying, especially since wifi passwords is one of the things google claims to backup. To add to that, the phone I am bringing everything over from is exactly the same. Moto X to Moto X.

Game saves are another thing that we not brought over. I am not a huge gamer but it is kind of a bummer to lose all of my saves and progress, is there a way to bring those over too? I use Helium backup and it doesn't really seem to have done anything.

This is the one area I think google needs to get better with. On iOS I can plug a device into itunes and have everything just as it was. On android I have to rely on third party programs and I still have to go through the bother of resetting everything back up.

Also I am not rooted.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

You do realize this is the wrong forum. You may want to get it moved to the appropriate forum for better answers to your questions.

3. TacticalDesire thread starter macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

Whoops you're right. Never done that before. Mods please delete