Wifi shuts itself off....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by frogcat, Dec 22, 2007.

1. frogcat macrumors member

I know a lot of you that say wifi keeps itself on, even when your touch is sleeping, But I noticed that mine does not. Everytime I turn it back on, I have no signal, and have to wait for a signal. I did jailbreak my touch, so i notice that I have to wait like 3 seconds for Wifi to activate, before I can use weather or mail.

I was just wondering if this was the same case for others, as I don't know if this is a bad thing or a good thing. It's kind of annoying waiting for Wifi to turn on, but then again...people here like to complain about battery life.

2. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

sounds like you bought a product in the first year it out and you've having problems.

3. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iTouch 1.1.2 (JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

I'm sure OP is grateful for your response, thanks for sharing.

To answer the question, I remember seeing in Installer.app a program to prevent WiFi from turning off (IIRC it's a battery saving thing) ... Anyway you should look through the apps to find it. Hope that helps (and sorry I can't remember the name off the top of my head) ...

4. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

You're about as helpful as a snowcone machine in the desert.

5. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Yup - this is normal. Mine does this after waking up from sleep - it only takes a second or two before the wi-fi signal connection is re-established, though.

Not really annoying for me.

BTW - my touch has not been Jailbroken.

Rod.

6. gavd macrumors 6502a

Mine takes a couple of seconds to reconnect, but I don't see that as a big problem. By the time I've gone into the browser and clicked the bookmark I want to visit it's generally woken up.

Like RodThePlod, mine has not been hacked.

7. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

Actually a snowcone machine in the desert would be VERY helpful.

8. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

What would you put in it?

9. franzmueller macrumors regular

On my ibooks it takes up to 10 seconds to get back the signal so I though 3 seconds for my ipt is pretty fast ....

But again is all a question of taste

Saludos