All iPads Wifi signal bars disappear on my Air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Taylor814ce, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Taylor814ce macrumors newbie

I posted something similar couple days ago on another section without much reply.

Just got the Air. The wifi connection cuts in and out. Not often...probably every 10 minutes but it's annoying. We have other Apple devices such as iPhone, MacBook, and retina mini iPad all have no problems. I'm not describing safari crash some here are experiencing.

I also notice when I pickup the Air to use and push the home button, the wifi symbol and bars next to top left corner of the screen is not there. It does appear after about 2 seconds. My retina mini in the other hand has the wifi bars as soon as I hit home button.

Here is what I have done so far:
    -airplane mode on and off.
    -network reset
    -software reboot by pushing both home and power button
    -update to latest software iOS 7.4. This problem exist on both before and after the update.
    -my home router reset...I don't see why this would matter as my other devices are fine.

Now! Hardware problem??? We'll I went last night and exchanged for another Air. Guess what? Yup this one has this wifi disconnecting problem as well.

Those of you with air. When you stop using your iPad for a minute and hit the home button to use, do you have the wifi signals or does it take couple seconds to appear???

Anyone have any idea as to what the problem is? Should I try another Air???

Thanks!

2. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

Sometimes devices might be very picky on your WiFi router or simply too many devices attached to your router. I have 4 iPad in my house and 4 other computers all using wireless network. Some of devices will have trouble to connect to WiFi sometimes. I have gone trough 4 iPad 2 to get it stable. So I would suggest that you get a replacement iPad Air, if the situation still persistent, then you probably looking for replacement router.

3. Taylor814ce thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the reply. We do have at least 5 devices hooked up to this router. However wifi disconnect only happens to my Air and not the other. If indeed it was router overload, should not other devices take turns or randomly disconnect?

I might give it another Ipad exchange. Hate to do this but I gotta fix this.

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

5. Taylor814ce thread starter macrumors newbie

Motorola NVG510 by AT&T.

Thanks

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

7. v0lume4 macrumors 65816

v0lume4

This particular feature here is just a power saving feature I believe. My iPad 2 has done this ever since I got it two and a half years ago. As for the random drops in signal, that's unfortunate. I'm sorry brother.

8. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

Nope... Never happen with all my 4 iPads and iPod Touches...