Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

badlydrawnboy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Starting this morning the WiFi connection on my iPhone 4 will periodically drop out. But what's even more strange is that the WiFi indicator that displays the signal strength completely disappears - only to re-appear in a few minutes. This happens when the iPhone is literally right next to the router, so it's not an issue of signal strength.

Two nights ago I forgot to plug my phone in and it completely ran out of juice. Yesterday, when I powered the phone back up, it said "waiting for activation" even though my phone has long been activated. Then none of my third party apps would open. I had to delete them and re-install them from the iTunes store.

I'm not sure if this WiFi problem was triggered by the power shut down too, but I've never experienced it before and it seemed to start shortly after that happened.

I've tried hard reset and resetting all settings, but that didn't help. Any ideas?

dayoun1

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2010
go to settings and wi fi and choose manual . choose drop the network... then with ask to join on "on" choose your network again and reenter password key... worked for me

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

dayoun1 said:
go to settings and wi fi and choose manual . choose drop the network... then with ask to join on "on" choose your network again and reenter password key... worked for me

This fixed the WiFi issue that I was having on my 3GS before as well. So far not having any WiFi issues on my iPhone 4.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Personally, with that combination of strange behaviour, I would do a restore of the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.