WiFi slideshow?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by adelikat, Aug 17, 2007.

1. adelikat macrumors newbie

I'm going to be the photographer at a high school dance this weekend, and while I'm doing portraits, I'll be having my assistant wander around the dance taking pictures with my Nikon WiFi enabled point-and-shoot. The camera automatically sends the pictures it takes back to my laptop, which saves them to a certain folder, and what I'd like to be able to do is have the pictures automatically show up on screen as soon as they're taken, with a dissolve transition between each photo. Can anyone think of a good way of going about doing this? I'm thinking something involving folder actions and Applescript.

2. alexrodriguez macrumors newbie

Can anyone recommend a program that can handle this? I am looking to do that same thing.

I first thought to setup my screen saver to use a specific folder that I have several images in. This is working fine, what I am having a challenge with is how do I get the screen saver to pickup any new images that are added to that folder while the screen saver is active?

This may seem like a strange setup but I am wanting to display a slideshow if images taken with a digital camera and transmitted via WIFI to the Mac. These images would be put in the same directory that I selected for my screensaver.

In testing the setup the screensaver never "sees" the new images, only the ones that were in the directory at the time the screensaver was activated. Anyone know a way to "refresh" the images without interrupting the screensaver?

Thanks!

Alex

3. sneedles macrumors newbie

i'm sure the op has already found a solution, but for anyone else who had this problem, you can try this auto updating slideshow app