Wifi speed issues

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Kelowna77, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Kelowna77 macrumors member

For the last two betas I've been noticing all wifi networks are moving fairly slowly. Videos take a while to play and buffer a lot, websites load slowly, email takes a long time to pull in. I don't fault the networks as they do not house a lot of devices and they haven't changed at all for anyone else or on my other devices. Also it only happens on the last two betas. I get a faster speed by turning off wifi and using my 3G (yes my network does not have LTE yet lol) but that's not an option at work where I have no service. Am I the only one having this problem?

2. Hype-149 macrumors member

I have no issues at all with my Wifi at home. I would look at your router and make sure you check your channels, placement of the Wifi antennas, etc. Run a speed test on a wired computer, then a wireless laptop, then on your phone. See any differences.

Here is what i get on Wifi at home:

Attached Files:

3. krawler macrumors newbie

krawler

Your internet is so much faster than Australian fibre lol

4. byron_hinson macrumors 6502

I have the same issues on my phone - it seems related to the channel my time capsule is on - never had this problem before the last beta. I can fix it by changing the wi-fi channel and then back again - doesn't happen on ANY other devices or systems other than the iOS 10 beta ones, so defiantly an issue there.

5. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

wifi sweetspots app would help here. also complained about wifi speed but didnt say what the speeds were/are, what was expected, what u have from the isp etc.. fine here as usual.

Attached Files:

6. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

Highest I've gotten has been 178.98/12.15. But no problems here.

Attached Files:

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

No issues here. Paying for 200Mbps Down/20Mbps up. Getting 219.22Mbps down and 23.97Mbps up.

8. Eric Ben macrumors newbie

wow fantastic! Glad to hear about this great speed.