wifi speeds slower on new ipad vs iphone 4s

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jamlasers, Apr 1, 2012.

1. jamlasers macrumors newbie

Im trying to figure out why the speeds on the new ipad are slower on the wifi vs the att iphone 4s under WiFi. I currently have Time Warner which I can get about 30 down. If I do a speed test on my phone I can get up to 30mbps on wifi. I can do the same on my ipad and only can get up to 10mbps? WHY? It seems as Apple has some software issue with this. Many of the times the ipad is just to slow and I rather use my Air to surf online for things. I have also noticed that using a Sprint iphone 4s as well can only get up to 10mbps. That also tells me that its something to do with Apple restricting speeds. I just can't believe the Att phones are the only ones that can get a TRUE WIFI speeds.

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

Wi-Fi capability should be the same on all iPads and iPhones regardless of the network carrier or the country of origin. It doesn't have anything to do with cellular connectivity. Here in the UK I get roughly the same Wi-Fi download speeds on both my iPhone 4S and New iPad.

3. jamlasers thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it should be the same but after doing many tests, they are half or less slower then the iPhone. Even trying a sprint iPhone it seems to be bogged down. I have no ideal what is causing this.