Wifi statusicon lags after unlocking of screen

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Hi All,

Ok so lets say we have wifi turned on the iphone 4. then keeping it on I lock the screen and don't touch it for hmm a minute or so, when I unlock It shows 3G then takes about 2 seconds and changes to wifi. Is this a intellistatusicon flaw or jailbreak flaw, or just iphone 4/firmware flaw?

If you try to unlock your phone try after you locked it, the icon is correct right away (doesnt switch or anything)

Thanks
AE

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Not a flaw at all, Wifi go to sleep when the phone is lock. (unless you force to stay alive by using a background program that uses it e.j. MyWi)

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Not a flaw at all, Wifi go to sleep when the phone is lock. (unless you force to stay alive by using a background program that uses it e.j. MyWi)
Hi,

I have had an iphone for quite awhile and can't recall if this happens. yes I know wifi goes to sleep but I think the sign doesnt lag 3 seconds or more when you turn on the lock. Am I mistaken? maybe bad memory.

Thanks
AE

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Hi,

I have had an iphone for quite awhile and can't recall if this happens. yes I know wifi goes to sleep but I think the sign doesnt lag 3 seconds or more when you turn on the lock. Am I mistaken? maybe bad memory.

Thanks
AE
It seen the same to me, i never actually timed it before and after, by the time you click on an app that use the wifi, it will be already up.

socco

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2008
The icon isn't lagging. It just takes a second or two to actually connect to the wifi network.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I consider 2 seconds fast considering my jailbroken 3G took like 10 seconds to change wifi icons. My i4 before I jailbroke was the same thing. Took about 1 second, 2 max.

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
I consider 2 seconds fast considering my jailbroken 3G took like 10 seconds to change wifi icons. My i4 before I jailbroke was the same thing. Took about 1 second, 2 max.
Yea i see your point, but is this delay a jailbreak things or iOS thing?

Thanks
AE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.