WiFi Sync on iPhone with 4.0 ROCKS. Created a video review.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by atrac7, Aug 8, 2010.

1. atrac7 macrumors regular

So I believe this is one of the more well worth apps to pay 10 bucks for. No cables is such a nice touch to adding directly all content from iTunes. Practically no real need for MobileMe in my opinion due to this.

Anyways I was so pleased with the results that I created my 1st YouTube video review of it.

Hope it is informative enough to convince others its capabilities

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qFHIVgzdCI&feature=player_embedded

2. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

3. threezero macrumors 6502

looks nice, seem to ran smoothly but because it comes with rock the spam +spyware this app gets a 1 star.

call me when they wake up and get their ass to cydia store, same with all the other rock apps, all great apps with poor business decision

4. atrac7 thread starter macrumors regular

I did not download it from the Rock Store. I don't even have Rock installed on the iPhone...in the video I mentioned Cydia verbally and also had text layouts mentioning Cydia. This was directly bought from the Cydia Store in Cydia (via paypal)...the process couldn't have run smoother, in terms of initial syncing, real syncing, etc.

Nope! You can have the option of having backups enabled. It is in the menubar icon as a preference. I just don't like to deal with it every time.

The new version of WiFi sync is also compatible with Windows (7 for sure, maybe Vista)

5. threezero macrumors 6502

sorry man i totally fail. i saw ROCK and immediately associate it with that god awful app. I apologize, please forgive me !!!!! :(

6. atrac7 thread starter macrumors regular

Ahah you are right--the ROCK in the title may give away that idea

Don't worry about it! I mean, you were pretty accurate in your post ;)...ROCK is quite unstable and in my older iPhones marred my jailbreaking experience. From now on I just roll with Cydia and nothing else.

7. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

If I have backup enabled, I always get an error in itunes saying the backup could not be completed because the iphone disconnected. When I disable backups it works fine. I am on win7 64 and itunes 9.2. backups worked fine for me on itunes 9.1 but 9.2 is the lowest acceptable version for ios4.

8. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

Thanks, I am on W7 too so I will wait for an update.

9. atrac7 thread starter macrumors regular

Admittedly the new build just came out not too long ago. It was always more optimized for Mac it appears (the video demonstrates how well it runs in general)...i think the Windows support is a new thing as well. So hopefully things pan out.

I am on the latest version of iTunes, on 4.0 (so not on 4.01)...I don't know if that plays a part

I have utilized this app greatly the past few days, and have already seen a change of pattern in my sync habits. Like i said in the video, i would probably sync 3-4 times a month with cable. Now I can sync all my 4 calendars from my Mac to the iPhone in 5-10 seconds. Add a song to make the process 15 seconds. It's awesome.

Can't believe Apple rejected the same developer and app builder. This should have native support. Great tool.

10. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I am having the same problem. On his "support board" there are many others with the same problem. It will work on occasion for me but I mostly get the error.