Wifi sync wong uninstall, phone bricked

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jack4l, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Jack4l macrumors newbie

So I found out recently why my computer would screw up my iPhone and my friends computer would let me restore problem free. It was wifisync that was screwing everything up.

So I got a new iPhone 4 and I was just trying to upgrade the phone, never jailbroken this one yet. And wifi sync stopped the restore mid way. So I downloaded the mac uninstaller and ran it, the terminal window pops up.. says its deleting stuff then tell me its finished and that I should restart my computer.

I've already restarted my computer 6 times. Yet every time it comes back on theres that stupid wifisync icon at the top of my screen. I have no idea what to do, my iTunes wont recognize my iPhone anymore. Is there any o get rid of this crappy program manually?

2. Jack4l thread starter macrumors newbie

so I fixed my problem on my own. I knew it was linked to wifi sync because its absolute garbage. Wifi sync probably bricked more phones and caused more problems than any other program on the iPhone.

I downloaded the uninstaller from the wifi sync site and it said every time that the process was completed but it really wasn't... its just doing that to appease you. Really crappy developing imo.

I went to the finder and physically removed every file it "said" it was removing.

*Note* dont just click your way to the folder because the files dont show up that way. When in the finder up at the top of the screen click GO -> Go to Folder

then type the folder you need to go to... Library/application support... etc.

then delete the wifisync file in that folder. You will be asked for you administrators password

Once all files are deleted then I uninstalled, rebooted and installed iTunes

iTunes now recognized my iPhone but it still crashed during the restore giving me a 1004 error. I used RecBoot to bring my phone out of restore mode and FINALLY I am now done loading my last backup and currently syncing all my music and apps.

What a pain in the ass. I'm never being so lazy as to not using a usb cable. Its not worth the hassle, maybe if version 2 of wifi sync gets rid of this problem then I'll get it again but otherwise its garbage.

I'm glad I stole it and didnt pay a cent for it.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

First off, it didn't bricked your phone!!!!!
    Second, Wi-Fi Sync is known to cause that in the restore process, you could have done a google search or here in macrumors for it...
    Third, the uninstaller has worked great for me the various times I have used it, you are clearly doing something wrong, maybe you don't have admin rights in your mac or something similar and is not letting you uninstall it...