WiFi Sync

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tritons, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Tritons macrumors 6502

Hi
    To use WiFi Sync I need laptop? I mean, I have windows 7 PC, that's connected to router by wire, but when I try to use WiFi sync button on iPad is grayed out. Still I have set Sync Wirelessly in iTunes.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You need a WiFi router or access point. For instances an Airport will do what you need.

3. Tritons thread starter macrumors 6502

I do have WiFi router, only thing is that PC is connected to this router by wire, my iPad wirelessly of course.

4. ssgrif macrumors member

you need to connect your ipad to itunes on your windows 7 pc via the USB cable one last time, so you can enable wifi syncing for the ipad within itunes. Once you do this all subsequent syncing can be done over wifi.

5. Tritons thread starter macrumors 6502

And I have done that, still no luck with WiFi Sync. iTunes is up and running, I connect iPad to dock. Go to settings -> WiFi sync and buttong is grayed out.

6. borisiii macrumors 6502

I was having trouble with this earlier today. Both devices must be connected wirelessly to the same network. My iDevices and MacBook weren't finding each other, and then I realised it was because my MacBook was connected to my router's 5GHz network and the others were on the 2.4GHz.

7. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Nope. They don't both have to be connected wirelessly.

OP, I don't really know what the problem. I would mess around with your router settings a little bit.

8. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Wireless has to be switched on the PC and connected to the same network as the iPad, regardless of whether you use wired to connect the PC to the network.

Neil.

9. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Nope. Your iPhone has to be on the same subnet as your computer. That's all. It doesn't matter how you connect. (You can even do it through VPN).

I use Wi-Fi Sync without a Wi-Fi card.