WiFi synch between two diffrent users...

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by backbraker25, Oct 15, 2011.

1. backbraker25 macrumors member

My wife i and share a single iMac running on Lion, on which we each have our own user profile.

My wife is about to get her first iPhone (4S), which means she will need to synch as well.

My questions are: will i be able synch over WiFi if my wife is currently on her user profile? how can both users get full access to their own iTunes library without having to constantly go to the Mac to change the user profile (this would defy the purpose of wireless synching)?

2. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

Have you tried it?

It would make sense if it was no problem doing what you two wanna, but i can also see that it could be a problem because iTunes can't handle more tasks that one at a time?

Easiest way to figure out is to try it. I could try it, but then i have to create another apple-id and restore my 3GS and try and sync it with the 4S at the same time.. Though i can't see that i got the time right now to try it out :(

3. backbraker25 thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately we haven't had a chance to get the 4S yet. We're planning on getting it next week hence the renewed interest on this topic.

Thanks for your reply.

4. toad77 macrumors member

I've a similar situation, but on a Windows PC. I can tell you that the wife's iPhone does NOT sync if my user has iTunes open.