Wifi Syncing Not Working iPhone Plus And/Or iOS 8

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Konvictz, Oct 26, 2014.

  1. Konvictz macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2014
    #1
    Normally I turn on itunes, and my iphone gets detected automatically wirelessly and I can sync transfer, add to itunes library on my iphone without connecting any cables.

    But NOW for some reason, my iPhone 6 plus does not get recognised wirelessly on itunes. I have disabled enabled the wifi syncing options on phone and computer. Still no result. Dont know if its the plus or the ios 8 or 8.1 but something has happened recently to mess it up.

    Can anyone help please.
     
  2. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

    swordfish5736

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2007
    Location:
    Cesspool
    #2
    Can you verify both are on the same wifi?

    Have you tried connecting the phone via a lightning cable and turn off and back on wifi sync in the info pane for the device?

    Are you running the latest version of iTunes?
     
  3. wxman2003 Suspended

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2011
    #3
    Connect iphone to itunes via cable and make sure wifi sync is off. Disconnect iPhone, close out itunes. Reboot you computer and reset network setting on phone. Log back onto wifi. Restart iTunes and connect iPhone via cable. Turn wifi sync on and remove iphone from cable. Does it still show it is connected? I have had such issues, and that's the only way I can seem to keep wifi sync working. iTunes wifi sync has been iffy at best for the last few years.
     
  4. Konvictz thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2014
    #4
    yes to all 3
    dam just tried that, not working unfortunately.
     
  5. wxman2003 Suspended

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2011
    #5
    Sorry to hear it's not working. You may have to do a restore. Try doing it from a backup prior to when this started.
     
  6. Weaselboy Moderator

    Weaselboy

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2005
    Location:
    California
    #6
    I did a "reset network settings" on mine and that seems to have fixed it. You will need to connect with USB after though to make the computer a "trusted device" again. Once you accept that and sync, it should work.

    This has been working for me for about three days now.
     

Share This Page