Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Konvictz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
Normally I turn on itunes, and my iphone gets detected automatically wirelessly and I can sync transfer, add to itunes library on my iphone without connecting any cables.

But NOW for some reason, my iPhone 6 plus does not get recognised wirelessly on itunes. I have disabled enabled the wifi syncing options on phone and computer. Still no result. Dont know if its the plus or the ios 8 or 8.1 but something has happened recently to mess it up.

Can anyone help please.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
Can you verify both are on the same wifi?

Have you tried connecting the phone via a lightning cable and turn off and back on wifi sync in the info pane for the device?

Are you running the latest version of iTunes?

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Connect iphone to itunes via cable and make sure wifi sync is off. Disconnect iPhone, close out itunes. Reboot you computer and reset network setting on phone. Log back onto wifi. Restart iTunes and connect iPhone via cable. Turn wifi sync on and remove iphone from cable. Does it still show it is connected? I have had such issues, and that's the only way I can seem to keep wifi sync working. iTunes wifi sync has been iffy at best for the last few years.

Konvictz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
Can you verify both are on the same wifi?

Have you tried connecting the phone via a lightning cable and turn off and back on wifi sync in the info pane for the device?

Are you running the latest version of iTunes?
yes to all 3
Connect iphone to itunes via cable and make sure wifi sync is off. Disconnect iPhone, close out itunes. Reboot you computer and reset network setting on phone. Log back onto wifi. Restart iTunes and connect iPhone via cable. Turn wifi sync on and remove iphone from cable. Does it still show it is connected? I have had such issues, and that's the only way I can seem to keep wifi sync working. iTunes wifi sync has been iffy at best for the last few years.

dam just tried that, not working unfortunately.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Normally I turn on itunes, and my iphone gets detected automatically wirelessly and I can sync transfer, add to itunes library on my iphone without connecting any cables.

But NOW for some reason, my iPhone 6 plus does not get recognised wirelessly on itunes. I have disabled enabled the wifi syncing options on phone and computer. Still no result. Dont know if its the plus or the ios 8 or 8.1 but something has happened recently to mess it up.

Can anyone help please.

I did a "reset network settings" on mine and that seems to have fixed it. You will need to connect with USB after though to make the computer a "trusted device" again. Once you accept that and sync, it should work.

This has been working for me for about three days now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.