Wifi Tethering on AT&T

FPSDavid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Are there any of the Cydia apps that you can use to tether wifi that won't get you in trouble with AT&T these days? Last I heard they were upgrading people they caught to the tethering data plans without warning...?

heyyitzmelissa

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2012
Are there any of the Cydia apps that you can use to tether wifi that won't get you in trouble with AT&T these days? Last I heard they were upgrading people they caught to the tethering data plans without warning...?
PDAnet claims to hide usage but I doubt it works.

What are you asking?
Are there any of the Cydia apps that you can use to tether wifi that won't get you in trouble with AT&T these days?

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Anyone...?
From my experience reading these forums, it seemed that the only people getting warnings for tethering were those with unlimited data plans who were using excessive amounts of data.

I used mywi and tetherme on my iPhone 4, although sparingly, and never received a warning.

heyyitzmelissa

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2012
From my experience reading these forums, it seemed that the only people getting warnings for tethering were those with unlimited data plans who were using excessive amounts of data.
Amount has nothing to do with it. People have received the message after less than 24 hours of usage for checking a webpage

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
There are long threads on this forum about this and bumping threads violates MR rules. To save you from actually having to search, the answer to your question is, "No".

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
I believe it's hit and miss just like with the throttling issues. Some people tether and never get a warning, some people go over 2GB on an unlimited plan and never get throttled.

I used MyWi for 24hrs straight a few months ago when my DSL was out and never got a warning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.