Wifi Tethering on AT&T

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by FPSDavid, Jan 21, 2012.

1. FPSDavid macrumors regular

FPSDavid

Are there any of the Cydia apps that you can use to tether wifi that won't get you in trouble with AT&T these days? Last I heard they were upgrading people they caught to the tethering data plans without warning...?

2. FPSDavid thread starter macrumors regular

FPSDavid

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

4. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

PDAnet claims to hide usage but I doubt it works.

5. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

From my experience reading these forums, it seemed that the only people getting warnings for tethering were those with unlimited data plans who were using excessive amounts of data.

I used mywi and tetherme on my iPhone 4, although sparingly, and never received a warning.

6. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

Amount has nothing to do with it. People have received the message after less than 24 hours of usage for checking a webpage

7. TC25 macrumors 68020

There are long threads on this forum about this and bumping threads violates MR rules. To save you from actually having to search, the answer to your question is, "No".

8. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I believe it's hit and miss just like with the throttling issues. Some people tether and never get a warning, some people go over 2GB on an unlimited plan and never get throttled.

I used MyWi for 24hrs straight a few months ago when my DSL was out and never got a warning.