WiFi timeout!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hAwK17, Nov 25, 2011.

1. hAwK17, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011

hAwK17 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone!

I have MacBook Pro 2011 and i'm facing problems connecting to WiFi maybe as everyone does!

I have downloaded the latest updates, and i have updated the firmware of my ADSL router which is (TP-Link TD-W8961ND)
    every time I try to connect I get the message: (timeout connection occurred) and the computer is blind! .. it cannot see any WiFi even if I turn it off/on ..
    Sometimes it happen to connect perfectly to my home network, but this happens rarely.
    Also my Mac can see and connect to Apple's Airport or Netgear routers ..

I know it's a comptability issue between Mac and router, but is there any fix for it?? :confused:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There seems to be a problem with Lion and WIFI, its not a MBP hardware or compatibility but it appears to be related to 10.7

3. hAwK17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks man, but does it mean I have to use the ugly yellow LAN cable each time I want to connect?! :eek:

4. matt94gt macrumors member

Try searching this up on the apple discussion boards, I saw this issue like a dozen times last time I was on there. I dont have lion or this issue or id help you out.

5. mark28 macrumors 68000

I had this problem with Lion. I downgraded to Snow Leopard and my WIFI is good again.

6. hAwK17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Then the only solution is to downgrade it to leopard :/ ..

Apple should get this problem solved :mad:.. I bought a Mac, not a stupid windows based laptop :mad:

7. whatupdog macrumors newbie

Before you do anything rash try this:

I was having the exact same problem as OP and tried everything. My wifi was working great and all of a sudden one day none of my computers could connect (in fact one computer couldn't even detect the network anymore). I kept getting the error, "connection timeout". After battling this problem for 3 days I tried something that maybe should have been obvious from the start.

I went into my router's configuration and changed the channel it transmits on. Then I lowered the power output to 75%. Bam! Worked like a charm with no more connection timeouts. Hallelujah!

My guess is that another network was causing interference, and by changing channel and output power I "uncloaked" my wifi network, so to speak.

8. marnuc macrumors member

I was having the same issue in my home, I got here a linksys router, but at work I never have any problem and we have there a D link router, maybe it is a wifi router problem. I hope.