Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Wifi is not turned off in sleep if the phone is plugged in. If cellular is off, you will generally get a pile of alerts as soon as you wake it up. I don't doubt that occasionally devices don't behave this way, but it is how it's designed and I bet those same people are complaining about poor battery life. :D

BeawJai

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2012
How to keep your iPhone WiFi on all the time IOS 6

Hi, this Is what I do to keep my wifi on all the time on my home network.

1. Never put the phone to sleep - alter the brightness of the display to low - saves battery.

2. Go to settings - wifi - choose your home network, and leave it on that screen all the time if you are not using the phone - you will notice - where it says choose a network a loading ring keeps on popping up every few seconds - Keeping the phone connected to your wifi even without any power supply attatched.

That is the only way I can do it at the moment - hope apple come out with a patch soon as possible.

This is not practical for everyone - but for home network wifi it does the job.

Thank you

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Wifi has been persistent since iOS 4.

You don't need to do anything but have wifi on.

The phone will use wifi even if its asleep and 3G is on.

Even if you don't have 3G on you will get alerts through wifi when the phone is asleep.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.