Wifi usage

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sparkybear, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Sparkybear macrumors newbie

hi

Where I live I got to use a private wifi is controlled via a mobile wifi dongle. I have a usage limit. Whenever I connect my ipad IOS 10 it basically eats up my down load limit and I can't work out what app is using all the wifi connection. The iPad is wifi only and therefor doesn't have cellar data to see what is using it.

Anyone help me out?

Thanks

G

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

3. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

could also be the syncing of photos and videos. when you connect it go to settings > photos and camera and see if it is syncing.

4. Sparkybear thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi thanks for reply.

I did look at that but it wasn't that. I also switched off auto update just in case.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 22, 2017 ---
    Hi thanks for reply.

I did as you suggested but it wasn't syncing AND there is nothing new on phone which isn't already in cloud.

It's really bugging me and getting to stage I need to reset and reinstall apps one by one. Downside of that of course I will need to re upload photos videos etc etc too.

5. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

6. Sparkybear thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi

It is the download. I have installed download manager and it's showing download is the problem.