WIFI USB for OSX 10.8

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djdanko1, Jan 28, 2013.

1. djdanko1 macrumors newbie

I am having all sorts of problems with my Macbook Pro early 2011 with 10.8.2 installed.
    The built-in wireless stopped working and I have tried everything possible to get it back working. After reinstalling OSX it worked for about 2 days and now its out again, so I give up.

I am now looking for a cheap USB WIFI adapter to use until I can afford get the actual card replaced.

I just ordered a mini adapter off ebay that claimed it worked with the latest version of OSX, but it came with one of those mini cds so I could not get the drivers to install. I tried taking the data off the disk and onto a thumb drive, but that didn't work.

Any suggestions on a USB wifi adapter that works would be greatly appreciated. I have searched all over the web and give up and hope one of you could point me in the right direction

2. djdanko1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been looking all over the web and have found some that support 10.6 and one that says it supports 10.7 will those work with 10.8 or am I stuck until they put or 10.8 specific drivers? sorry I am very new to the mac game.

3. RedCroissant Suspended

www.macsales.com has a usb wireless n adapter that is compatible with OSX 10.5 Leopard and up. It's made by Newertech and the one that I'm going to buy as soon as I can justify the expense.

here's the link to the actual device:

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/NewerTech/MXP3802NU2C/

4. djdanko1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I will order that one now and return the old one later