Wifi Wake From Sleep Issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by insignis, Nov 17, 2015.

1. insignis macrumors newbie

I purchased a 2015 13" Retina Macbook Pro in May and have had a problem where when opening my computer from 'clamshell' the wifi icon shows it is connected to the internet but it is not. It also randomly drops wifi every once in a while but the indicator shows it's connected. This has been an issue in three different states on three different routers with three different ISP's. I have used Yosemite, all of the El Capitan public betas, the actual releases of El Capitan. I have trashed preferences, deleted old networks, done clean installs. I even sent the computer in and Apple pretty much replaced every part of the computer (essentially giving me a new computer) and it still does not work. Have not tried todays public beta, but will andlet you know if it fixes it. Also, installed Windows 10 on Bootcamp (which I really didn't want to do, but in the name of science...) and it does not have this problem.

I'm getting really pissed off at this point and it's taking longer and longer between replies about what to do from Apple senior tech support. Apple should be paying me at this point for testing their products for them.

Anybody recommend anything else to try?

Thanks!

2. insignis thread starter macrumors newbie

3. TangoCharlie27 macrumors member

Ive had this issue! Since using Firefox as a browser it has ceased!

4. 3568358 macrumors 6502

Call Apple. You know what you do? Tell them that you've had the issue for a LONG time. MONTHS! Tell them that by purchasing a mac they advertize you can go on the internet, and your mac isn't letting you, and that they are basically false advertising and thats illegal. Tell them that you payed over $1400 for their product and it does not work as advertised and if they don't replace it then theres going to be a big issue. IF you say anything about how they're false advertising and thats illegal they'll do anything. I did it once, they catered to my every need. Tell them you've tried everything, and you want a new mac. Don't back down. Don't take 'we can't do that sir'. Everything they say they can't do, they can, trust me. Say i know you can do it, you did it for my friend, and stuff like that. It works every time. If they keep saying "we can't do that sir we can't blah blah" asking for a supervisor. It sounds bad but you kind of have to be a douche for them to do it.

5. 3568358 macrumors 6502

The goal here is to get a new mac.

6. insignis thread starter macrumors newbie

I took it to the Apple Store Friday as recommended by phone support. Now I am waiting again without a computer.

7. insignis thread starter macrumors newbie

Computer is back from Apple. Why they had me take it to a store when they were just going to send it to a repair depot and could have sent me a box, I have no clue.

Repairs were as follows:
    Replace wireless card
    Replace I/O board
    Replace I/O flex cable

got the computer home, woke it from sleep, and it would not let me log in with my password. Had to force it to shut down and start up and then my password worked fine. Then, the same wifi issues happened when I let it go to sleep again, but this time the password issue didn't happen. Then, I left for a couple hours and put the computer to sleep by closing the lid, and when I came back I had the same logging in issue.

8. insignis thread starter macrumors newbie

Woke the computer up from sleep this morning. No login issue, wifi issue persists, and now the computer makes an indicator sound when I turn the volume buttons up or down.

Really? It's changing its own settings now while it's asleep?

I am amazed.

9. 3568358 macrumors 6502

Maybe your house is just haunted. There is absolutely no way this problem is still happening.

10. insignis thread starter macrumors newbie

Login issue comes and goes. Wifi is still an issue. Found the volume indicator setting (not that it was hard to find, I've just never needed it) it seems fine.

Spent 1 hour and 41 minutes on the phone yesterday. Took me six people, two who tried to deny me a replacement, for me to get to a guy who said he understood and would advocate for me and get back to me tomorrow.

They tried to say, they already replaced everything once, so they can't do it again. I explained that you replaced everything and it doesn't work. Then you replaced the wifi card, i/o board, and flex cable again (which means you admit that those replacement parts were problematic) and that still didn't fix it.

We'll see what nonsense they try to pull tomorrow.