Wifi | Wake

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kelly™, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Kelly™ macrumors regular

So,
    Like most of us, I close the lid of my macbook pro sometimes and when I do it goes to sleep for lack of a better description.
    Sometimes, in fact, alot of the time, when I open the lid of my macbook at home or at work the wifi seems to not come back right.

I ill be joined to a wifi network, everything is fine, I have an IP I can surf the net, etc.
    I close the lid and it goes to sleep.
    I open the lid it asks for my password and I give it, everything comes back fine, and I am connected to the target network however I cannot surf the net. If I check my network properties it shows my ArPort connected to the SSID with a self-assigned IP address.
    If I ask it to renew the DHCP lease it still gives its own IP.

Sometimes if I turn the card off and back on, it fixes it, but usually I have to reboot my mac to get rid of the problem.

This happens on more than just my personal home network, however both networks (work and home) use linksys wireles N technology.

Is this a problem you have heard of or experience? What should my troubleshooting steps be?

I would like to avoid AppleCare because I hate the idea of not having my laptop for a few days while they "determine there is nothing wrong" at the local store.

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

A lot of people seem to be having this problem (not me, for some odd reason, but then I'm still using 802.11g, which might make the difference).

It seems to be a software issue in Leopard, which hopefully should get sorted out with the next update.

3. Kelly™ thread starter macrumors regular

thats good to know.
    I was beginning to think I was somehow crazy. It just seems like such an odd issue LOL