Wifi (Wi-Fi) calling not functional after updating 10.1.1 update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Neebee, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Neebee macrumors 6502a

I updated last night and now it's not working. It was working moments before the update and I did the usual (reset the network settings, restored the device, etc. It's not working. Anyone else experience this?

2. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

3. Applejuiced, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Turn off wifi calling and try renabling again.
    Restart.
    Btw if you're on AT&T or Verizon then wifi calling goes on and turns off when it feels like it and at random cellphone signals.
    Put it on airplane mode and turn on wifi and it will stay connected to wifi calling.

4. Neebee thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm with Rogers in Canada. AT&T is Roger's official partner in the USA. I was on the phone all afternoon with both my carrier's text support and Apple

I baffled my carrier. After I did a full restore and created my iPhone as a "New device", it wouldn't allow me to toggle wifi calling. It said to contact my carrier. When I contacted my carrier, the rep rebuilt my entire profile and I still don't have wifi calling. I then restored my iPhone from a previous backup, I can now toggle wifi calling but it doesn't work. Wifi calling for whatever reason isn't connecting with my carrier. I do not have wifi calling in Airplane mode either when in the past I did.

Apple is replacing my device and I have an appointment next week at the Apple Store. I doubt this is a hardware issue, but whatever. I will take advantage of a new device even though mine is a about 6 weeks young.

5. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

My wifi calling with AT&T didn't display for about a day after 10.1.1 update.

I gave it that time before I worried and it now displays with no hiccups.