Wifi with Cisco Clean Access Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by apesnapes, Nov 7, 2009.

1. apesnapes macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I will try to describe my problem as fully as possible and hopefully someone can help me out. Please, i need wifi for finals.

I have a 13" MBP running 10.5.8
    My wifi works fine everywhere except for my school.
    The airport connects, has full "signal" and it seems to assign an ip. BUT when i open firefox or safari the redirect/authentication page that is supposed to open never does; instead i get "page not found" or its equivalent. So i can't login or access the internet obviously.
    Here is the other part, there are about 40 or so macbooks in every class I have running leopard and snow leopard and no one else seems to have a problem.
    IT couldn't figure anything out.(after hours of trying) But they did tell me they use Cisco Clean Access.
    I believe my wifi settings are default.

I have perused apple support forums and here and no one seems to have a fix for this problem. THANK YOU!

2. Flyinace2000 macrumors 6502a

Flyinace2000

Did you try this?
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10153426

Or join this facebook group ;-)
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2215862530&v=wall

3. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Ugh, my college used Clean Access too and it was such a pain. Luckily the password authentication page always did come up for me, but if it hadn't, I would try just going to your IT department and asking for a direct link to the page. They could probably plug your Macbook in via ethernet and send it that way. Once it's there bookmark it so that you always have it!

4. apesnapes thread starter macrumors newbie

yea, i'm going to try getting on the whitelist, but I doubt they'll do it.

i know, it is terrible.

i actually have the address for the authentication page and it still doesn't load.