Wifi Woes?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by spinedoc77, Sep 27, 2012.

1. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Ever since updating my iphone 4s and my ipad 3 to ios6 I've been getting very odd wifi dropouts, I'll get zero internet for several minutes then it's fine, once in a while it won't be fine and I'll have to go into settings and forget the wifi network and set it up again and then it works great for a little while. It's not my internet connection as I can set my ipad right next to my laptop and the laptop gets a good number on speedtest.

Is this something other users are experiencing. I know there was the no internet with ios6 due to some Apple authentication page being down, this isn't it, and yes I tried to set http proxy to auto and it didn't make a difference.

2. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

3. lpeedin macrumors regular

Turning WiFi off then back on seems to fix it for me. Strange thing is that I'm also experiencing issues with my MBP as well. After I connect to the WiFi in my office and then connect back to my home WiFi I have to do the same thing on the MBP. It was updated to 10.8.2 at the same time I updated to iOS6.

I'm using a Belkin N300 at home.

4. bp1000 macrumors 65816

I've had this too, wonder if they re-calibrated the wifi signal meter. I've been getting times of very weak signal then full signal. All since updating to io6

Either that or they built in a wifi dormant low power mode. My battery life is better :)