Wifi wont reconnect

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by godcandy, Mar 12, 2012.

1. godcandy macrumors member

So I have noticed sense I upgraded my MBP to 10.7 when I simply close the lid on it and then try to re-open it it will not connect to the wireless network again. The only work around I have found is to go in and disable wifi and re-enable it. Not sure what the deal is there. Anyone having similar issues or have any idea how I might fix it.

2. thegreatdivorce macrumors regular

My MBA does that as well. Pretty obnoxious. Every time it sleeps, and is woken, it loses the connection. I don't have to turn the antenna on/off, but I do have to go click on the network again.

What router are you using?

3. Bigyella macrumors member

I have the same problem. I have to restart mine to work again. Turning the wifi off and on, does nothing. Sometimes it will be fine for a day or 2, then I will have problems with it multiple times a day. Its connected to a newer time capsule. No problems with any of my other devices connecting.

4. oliviervdv macrumors newbie

Same here on iMac 21.5.

I applied the recently released patch at least twice.
    It does work better than before though, but sometimes, it doesn't.

I have to disconnected/reconnect for my network connection to work.

Very annoying.

5. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

if you're on a 5g network, try changing it to 2.4g; worked for me.
    was having this problem constantly on my new mbp (my GF, on a late-2008 mbp, same OS, does NOT have the issue)...

6. godcandy thread starter macrumors member

I will take a look... I think the one here at work has both 2.4 and 5... Not sure about mine at home. :/

7. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

i just redid my setup. replaced the airport express with a linksys dual-band router, and all is well (my GF is on the 5g connect, me and my iPhone use the 2.4)... everything works great.

8. UTMAC macrumors newbie

I have noticed on my iMac 21.5in that when I wake it up, sometimes it can take a minute or two before the internet will pick back up, but it reconnects itself. Are you all saying that it wont come back at all?