Wifi works in bootcamp Windows XP but not in Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by writeous, Jan 23, 2008.

1. writeous macrumors regular

Im currently experiencing a problem with my wifi connection. It works while im at home on my secure connection, but when on an unsecure one, it only works for about 20 mins, then it times out. It shows that its still connected, but nothing works on it. The sad part is that when I run windows xp, it works fine. Is this something common with Leopard?

2. Neutral Gamer macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

There's quite a few people who have been having wireless problems with Leopard while Tiger, Windows and Linux exhibit no such problems on the same hardware:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=392852

On that thread though I'm sure most people complain about the connection dropping either after a very short amount of time or when they try and download a large file. Your lasts for 20 minutes which means you may have some other problem.

However, it may be worth you trying out the following steps that I did which made my connection a lot better (still not perfect though):

If that doesn't work then there's quite a few of us hoping that the 10.5.2 update will fix the problem, any day now ... :D