WiForums Updated?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by ChazUK, Feb 7, 2010.

1. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-gb; Nexus One Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I've noticed the WiForums version of MacRumors has been updated to a newer version.

The update is looking good and seems to have a few new features (quickreply and quote options unless I missed them before).

Any chance of a changelog of what is new?

Very nice. :)

2. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

uh, what are WiForums? Is that another name for the "mobile edition"?

If yes, I agree the changes look good.

3. ChazUK thread starter macrumors 603

ChazUK

WiForums is the forum software used for the mobile edition. http://www.wiforums.net/

I've just discovered the different themes on it. I'm using Onyx now. :)

4. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Really like the update. How do you change the themes???

5. ChazUK thread starter macrumors 603

ChazUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; Archos5 Build/Donut) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Mac Forums (top page) > My Prefs > WiStyles. :)

6. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Awesome cheers!!!!
    Thought this would be page 1 news. It's quite an update. Better than Reading about paper ipads!!

7. ChazUK thread starter macrumors 603

ChazUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; Archos5 Build/Donut) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

rofl, I know. When I logged into the mobile forums I was pleasently suprised with the new layout.

8. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I noticed it today too. Looks *much* better on my iPhone. The old mobile forums were looking very 80's style.

Worthy of a Page 2 or a Page 1, especially as many people don't know about the mobile skin.

Of note: if you go to Ars Technica on an iPhone, the site auto-redirects you to a very nice-looking iPhone friendly front page. When can we have the same here?

http://arstechnica.com/

9. SpyHunter39 macrumors newbie

SpyHunter39

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I love it, but I can't seem to get quotes to work. (all I do is hit quote right?)

10. ChazUK thread starter macrumors 603

ChazUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-gb; Nexus One Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

All you do is hit quote and it should load up another page with a text box (empty).

Once you post the quote can be seen! :)

11. SpyHunter39 macrumors newbie

SpyHunter39

When I'm on an actual computer, it works perfectly. but when I'm on my iPhone, it doesn't have the quoted text. (I did this on my computer, so it worked)

12. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

I must be incredibly dumb or amazingly tired, but how do I apply the skin or access the mobile site?

Thanks,

Ams.

13. SpyHunter39 macrumors newbie

SpyHunter39

Go to the homepage, then "My Prefs" then "WiStyles" and select a theme, then hit update

14. ChazUK thread starter macrumors 603

ChazUK

http://forums.macrumors.com/wap/ is the URL for the mobile forums! :)

15. SpyHunter39 macrumors newbie

SpyHunter39

oops. yeah, that's how to access it. then from there, use my directions to change the skin. Sorry about that (thanks ChazUK)

16. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

was going to start a forums stating how AMAZING the WiForum is but i found this one :D

honestly, i ABSOLUTELY LOVE the WiForums as they are right now! i think its perfect. navigating MR on my nokia e63 has never been easier! previously i used to load the whole MR web page - NOT FUN!

now its great!

the only problem i have is that you cannot edit the quoted note that you make, a lot of times i will only want to reply to part of a quote, but instead the whole comment will be quoted with me - sometimes using up extra space on the thread. any way to change this?

anyway.. i love it!