Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quboid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
everywhere
I'm sure you guys heard of enabling DevMode and being able to drag your widgets to the desktop.....pretty cool huh? well the only thing is my widgets are not going unto my desktop. Sure i'm dragging them out of DashBoard but they are on my screen in a kind of "always ontop" kind of way, ie. they are infront of every single application or other window that i open.

Does anyone have the same problem? can it be fixed at all? thanks guys.

Mernak

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2006
Kirkland, WA
Yeah, I have the exact same problem and that is the only reason that I still keep widgets in the dashboard. Thats get thing that vista did get right, having widgets (or gadgets, whatever they are called) on the desktop, not on top of everything. I don't know how to fix it but I will keep checking this to see if anyone has.

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2006
Los Angeles
I'm sure you guys heard of enabling DevMode and being able to drag your widgets to the desktop.....pretty cool huh? well the only thing is my widgets are not going unto my desktop. Sure i'm dragging them out of DashBoard but they are on my screen in a kind of "always ontop" kind of way, ie. they are infront of every single application or other window that i open.

Ha.. That'd be annoying.. I like to keep my widgets on the fly of a quick key.. F11 or F12.. I usually just press both anyways.. ha

NickElls

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2005
What do you have set as your Exposé "make all windows go into the side of the screen" key? Because F11 usually does that.

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Well, Widgets aren't really meant to be taken off the dash in the first place, so it's no surprise. Have you tried Amnesty? It's specific purpose it to run widgets without Dashboard, and it allows you to change the level they're displayed at (always on top, bottom, normal, etc.).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.