Wiggling icons on Watch? Anyone else see this?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Arran, May 13, 2015.

1. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Is the watch supposed to do the "wiggling icons" thing for rearranging and deleting apps?

I was messing around on the phone app and I somehow got what looked like a 90% opaque white overlay over the home screen of the watch with all the icons wiggling behind it. I tapped the watch screen and moved one of them inadvertently. At least one icon had the little X (delete) in the upper corner.

Is this a bug? Anyone else seen this?

2. Ceribis macrumors newbie

Not a bug. It's just like the iOS home screen. You can press and hold on an icon to move apps around and delete third party apps. I think pressing the crown leaves that mode.

3. GrimmsGirl macrumors 6502

GrimmsGirl

Taking back what I said... given what the previous poster posted. :) Now that I try it, I get the 'x' too.

4. Arran thread starter macrumors 68040

Arran

Really? Can other watch owners do this? I can't. That's why I thought it was a bug. If I press and hold on an icon on the watch face it does absolutely nothing.

Edit. After about ten attempts they started wiggling. So I guess it's not a bug. I was pressing them wrong :)

Still wonder what the white overlay was?

5. Ceribis macrumors newbie

On the watch face or on the apps screen? You should be able to do it.

Edit: I've heard of people not being able to do it also. I think it might be difficult to activate the move/edit mode.

6. Arran thread starter macrumors 68040

Arran

Yeah, they're wiggling now. Sorry for the false alert! :eek:

----------

Okay, You have to give them the gentlest of touches and hold it for about 2 seconds to get them wiggling. Any force at all and they won't wiggle.

Thanks for everyone's help. I love this place. Instant answers. :)

7. Ceribis macrumors newbie

Sounds like force touch might be working against you here. Good to know when my watch gets here.