Wii + Brutal = Briital Legend.

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by JackAxe, Apr 3, 2009.

1. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I don't want to jinx this game, as it's the ONE I've been waiting for, but the Wii version has been confirmed: :)
    http://weblogs.variety.com/the_cut_...ng-to-the-wii-double-fines-not-making-it.html

Now Tim's games have always been somewhat casual in nature and always cartoony, so the Wii is a perfect fit IMO. But if whichever "outsourced" developer they chooses goes completely Wii-TARDED on this title and we end up with a special Wii version that throws out gameplay in favor of mini-games, I'll have to kill. :mad:

I really hope they give it a fair shake and the developers are at least up to speed on the Wii.

At least there's no freaking PS2 version in the pipes...

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

3. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

You mean... YOu don't KNOW!!!! :eek:

Are you famililar with any of these games;
    - The Secret of Monkey Island
    - Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
    - Day of the Tentacle
    - Full Throttle
    - Grim Fandango
    - PsychoNauts

If you answered yes to any of the above, than you're on you way to knowing what Brutal Legend is about. :)

OK, it's an action adventure. But since Tim Schafer is working on it, it will have a warped sense of humor coupled with a REALLY enjoyable story, all packaged in a game where you can KICK ARSE!!!

If you have not played any game on that list, then DO SO NOW!!! :eek:

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Don't think I've ever seen it in shops here. Just that some websites talk about it not using a guitar controller which made me think it was another music game.

5. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

It's still in production. The game was originally being published by Sierra/Activision, but was dropped, so EA picked it up.

I'm not sure where that asinine rumor came from, but my guess is a fool. :eek:

6. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Normally I'd be excited but I didn't enjoy Psychonauts at all.

The trailer looked great and the main character looks charming, maybe it'll be a funny game at the very least.

7. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I have PsychoNauts for the PC(was only $9.99), but I've only watched the intro. I would have played it years back, if they had released it on the PC, or even the Cube, but noooooo, their lame arse publisher was nothing more than lame.

I've also never completed Grim Fandango. After being so miffed by the stupid keyboard controls and lack of mouse support in Monkey Island 4, I avoided GF like the plague. I own it now, but when I try playing it under XP64, it crashes, even with the special launcher I found.

I'm hoping this Wii version isn't a rumor, because I'd like to give this one a go, as I like Jack Black, and I like the cheese that is the idea of this game.