Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
Okay, here's the deal. My son has some motor control problems and that makes it hard for him to play games with a regular controller. I was hoping that the Wii could allow him to play some games with me. Does anyone have some suggestions for games that are easy to control. I was thinking about something like Cars, but is it easy to control (for a kid)? Thanks.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
I haven't played Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on the Wii but I played it on the 360 and you can't really "lose" at the game. Playing it on the Wii might be good because of that. So long as he can wave the Wiimote as a wand he should be okay and not too discouraged for messing up since you can't die as far as I know.

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
That's good to know. I hope that EA's new Family Mode offers something for him. He loves Mario Kart on the GameCube, but he gets frustrated after a minute or two because he can't really control the car and the hit the gas at the same time.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Wii Play? Not the best game, but its there. Rayman for Wii was fun too.

Wii Play might work. I thought about Rayman and also Warioware but both of those games could be very frustrating for somebody with poor motor skills. A lot of those games are time trials which it sounds like would be best avoided.

If that new Pokemon game is turn based that might be fine as it would give one plenty of time to make decisions.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
I thought about Rayman and also Warioware but both of those games could be very frustrating for somebody with poor motor skills. A lot of those games are time trials which it sounds like would be best avoided.

Good call...heck a big group of my friends couldn't beat some parts of Rayman for a while....one of my friends got it, but I gave up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.