Wii Transfer

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by nerdhunter, Sep 26, 2007.

1. nerdhunter macrumors newbie

"Wii Transfer can share your movies, music, and pictures directly to your Nintendo Wii using the Internet Channel. Browse iTunes playlists and iPhoto albums on your television. Convert your movies to formats the Wii understands, either streaming directly from your Mac or for playback in the Wii's Photo Channel. Wii Transfer can even manage saved game backups copied to an SD card."

http://www.riverfold.com/software/wiitransfer/

Converting an avi took forever, but then I realized I'd need to buy 500 wiipoints to get the internet channel. Is the streaming smooth? Just wondering if this is a worthwhile app. cheers.

2. davidwes macrumors 6502

I too am looking for a review.

I have elgato so I have all my tv shows on my imac. But since I already have a wii I was wondering if I could get away with using that instead of buying an apple tv

3. nerdhunter thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I broke down and got it. It works as advertised, however it is no match for AppleTV. MP3 Sound quality is poor and avi streaming requires time consuming 'conversion', and even at the highest quality setting the resulting suffers from pixelitis. Cool app though, and I'm certain that future versions can take better advantage of the Wii's wifi capabilities.