Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
It's surprisingly good! I went into it expecting some kind of Zelda-em-up, but it's just an arcade button masher that's insanely fun to play. I'll be picking it up but not just yet.

My only complain is since it's published by Nintendo this won't get cheaper.

Btw. did you play Alien Islation Dagless? Would like to know your opinion - I think it should be GOTY! :D

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
My only complain is since it's published by Nintendo this won't get cheaper.

Btw. did you play Alien Islation Dagless? Would like to know your opinion - I think it should be GOTY! :D

I really want it but I'm trying to cut down on new releases, work is too busy! But Alien Isolation looks so good. It's right up my alley!

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Wasn't interested in Bayonetta until the demo, now it's a must buy for me. Will pick up the special edition - just not sure if it will be at launch, but most likely.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Reading back from the beginning of this thread and its been interesting to see the transformation of the Wii U.

I bought the BB bundle this black friday with the 4 games and so excited to get it.

I have been a long time Nintendo fan but balked at the Wii U and went with the other next gen consoles first. I missed the absolute, mindless, just fun games that Nintendo offers from their first party games and look forward to that.

I wil play everything else on PS4/XB1.

This thread was a great read.:D

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Reading back from the beginning of this thread and its been interesting to see the transformation of the Wii U.

I bought the BB bundle this black friday with the 4 games and so excited to get it.

I have been a long time Nintendo fan but balked at the Wii U and went with the other next gen consoles first. I missed the absolute, mindless, just fun games that Nintendo offers from their first party games and look forward to that.

I wil play everything else on PS4/XB1.

This thread was a great read.:D

Thanks, it's a great system.

I just got Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel at Target Saturday night for $40. They only had Wii U versions left... ;)

I see online that the Wii U version is the WORST with regards to resolution (like they only ported the 360 version for it).

But, the original DI, I got used to just picking weapons on the Control Pad and it's not like DI has textures and graphics like Titanfall or Destiny... :eek:

Gonna play it tonight to see how it is - was going to last night but got involved with DI 1.0 and the Toy Story Playset instead which I finally got to open.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Bundle came in today but I guess they shop the games separately. Gonna set this up tonight and relive my Mario glory as I didn't buy a Wii and it's been way too long to have some kind of Nintendo system.

Happy holidays indeed!

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Thanks, it's a great system.

I just got Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel at Target Saturday night for $40. They only had Wii U versions left... ;)

I see online that the Wii U version is the WORST with regards to resolution (like they only ported the 360 version for it).

But, the original DI, I got used to just picking weapons on the Control Pad and it's not like DI has textures and graphics like Titanfall or Destiny... :eek:

Gonna play it tonight to see how it is - was going to last night but got involved with DI 1.0 and the Toy Story Playset instead which I finally got to open.

I bought ps4 version, then downloaded infinity 2.0 game only on wii u. Despite it being lower res, on the game pad you don't really notice. On PS4, the game is NOT a looker, so to be honest you really aren't missing anything in the graphics department.

mac666er

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Have been playing Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World.

I haven't had so much fun since Super Mario World in the SNES....

Yes, that is correct... the one with Yoshi and the cape... :cool:

I am now working on all the stars and pole flags. It is a LOT of fun :cool:

Mario Kart is equally good, I love all the circuits!

Hakiroto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
I've been getting closer and closer to getting a Wii U recently and coming across this thread might have been that extra push that makes me pick one up this weekend. I have a PS4 and my iMac with Boot Camp and I think a Wii U will be a perfect addition to my collection, especially as I've not had a Nintendo system for a while. It's great to see the Wii U getting lots of positive attention. Enjoy your awesome games and Happy New Year! :)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Spent most of Christmas and new year playing DragonAge on next gen, and my back catalogue off Wii u titles.

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Wii U production is now ending...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11...announces-wii-u-production-is-ending-in-japan

You should see some good deals for the ones left in retail this holiday season...
I am hoping the 'early' Wii U cancelation means that most games also gets released for the Switch, and maybe even at a low price.. 8)

Didn't they refute those reports recently, stating that Wii U production weren't ending "anytime soon"? One must possess the ability to lie with a straight face to be an executive I guess. Unless their idea of no time soon is within a timeframe of weeks :rolleyes:
Yes, just a week ago! I guess that the PR branch just had a standard reply ready when reporters asked, but when the top management got around to it, they just told them to announce production is ending.

73088225.jpg

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I am hoping the 'early' Wii U cancelation means that most games also gets released for the Switch, and maybe even at a low price.. 8)

Yes, just a week ago! I guess that the PR branch just had a standard reply ready when reporters asked, but when the top management got around to it, they just told them to announce production is ending.

73088225.jpg

They gotta cease production so they can start making Switch's.... :)

Everywhere I go I see at least 1 or 2 Wii U's sitting on the shelves all by their lonesome... at $299... :eek:

A lot of used ones at GameStop as well...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.