Wii Zapper

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by gkarris, Nov 24, 2007.

1. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Hey, has anyone else gotten the Wii Zapper?

I went and got one yesterday. Heck for $25 you get the unit to put your controllers in, and a game! The zapper games are a blast! (pun intended).

They were at Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago, but decided to wait, then I realized that many with a Wii and people getting one will be picking one up since it comes with a game. So, I scammed the last one in stock at FYE yesterday. :) Glad I did. Everyone seems to be out of stock...

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

You get a game?

What is it?

Fry's had tons of them yesterday but I passed them up since I dont have the new Resident Evil yet.

3. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Zelda Crossbow Training.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'll probably be skipping this, unless theres some mega compelling reason to own it (and the game) then I'll sit and play Duck Hunt on my NES :eek:

5. trig macrumors newbie

I got one and haven't played it yet. Christmas present for the kids. I bought ghost squad for $29 too.

trig

6. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I was going to pick one up on the 19th since I was out, but the stores hadn't got it in, so I passed for now. Eventually I will get one for the game.

I hope for a true Wii gun adapter. One that moves all of the top buttons to an easily accessible part on the gun's handle.

<]=)

7. pcypert macrumors 6502

I'm waiting for one that can be "cocked" like a shotgun for games with a shotgun. Wouldn't that be cool? Hold the Wiimote from underneath and cock it back and forth.

I have all the Wiimote games (Ghost Squad, ReUC, MOH2, etc) and none seem to be any worse for not having it.

Paul

8. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I got one, I'm loving it!

It was 25...its tons of fun. Link's Crossbow Training is fun, not as good as Wii Sports, but fun.

RE:UC is great with it, Ghost Squad looks fun too(and only 30USD!) and Metal of Honor Heros 2 Supports it(plus normal Wii FPS, and 32 online...I'm sold!)

Well worth 25USD

9. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

If I see it today while I'm out I'll pick it up, but that's only if the weef doesn't shun on a new Zelda DS purchase. :)

I played RE:UC tonight. It was fun, but on my friend's Dell 24" LCD it was really dark. Other games look fine on his screen, is this just how the game is?

<]=)

10. pcypert macrumors 6502

It's not too dark for me...but a couple times I shot out the lights and was rewarded with an item...so you want to shoot the lights out to get things..,but then it's WAY too dark :)

It IS a moody Zombie game ;) Couldn't resist.

Paul

11. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

Best Buy has them on sale this week for $19.99...

12. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

He was shooting out the lights, which had me saying it's already too dark. :) I had a similar dark issue with RE:4 on my LCD, but once I figured out its odd viewing angle etc., I was able to see things looking good overall.

Next time I'm over, I'll see if he wants to try it on their CRT in the living room.

<]=)

13. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Question:

why do you need one? Can't you just aim at the screen? Or are you paying for the game and the zapper is just a freebee?

The crossbow game is apparently a lot of fun though so maybe if it drops a bit more... :D More stuff to waste money on!

14. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Picked up two for 19.99/ea. Ghost squad looks cool. I've yet to see that in the store though.

15. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

16. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Yep, the plastic not to well thought out Wiimote holder is a freebie. I just want the game. :)

My friend tried to argue this was like holding a Tommy gun, but the problem with that is that the trigger is on the back, not the front handle.

<]=)

17. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Eh!

The game isn't bad and has multiplayer, so I'm going to try that tonight with a friend, but the Zapper holds like it looks; At least for me. I ended up going back to the phaser approach for comfort and speed.

The stock part should be adjustable and removable. It bothers my wrist.

<]=)

18. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I was thinking about getting the wii zapper and umbrella chronicles today but Guitar Hero hit me in the face and it was a done deal. I might check it out later on down the line when I think its really needed but as for now...

Bless

19. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I'll pick one up when Nintendo releases Duck Hunt 2.

20. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Duck Hunt 2 was in the computer at the game store my friend worked for earlier this year. So it should coming. :)

The team that designed this Zapper has never held or used a real gun -- at least that's the impression I got from it. The stock makes it difficult to move quickly between points since it hits on my wrist. My friend had the same issue when trying it. They just need to make a real Wii gun, or as I mentioned earlier a hilt attachment that plugs into the expansion slot, so that the top buttons will still be accessible. Something that looks like the Nyko gun attachment.

Between this and Guitar Hero, GH is a better buy. My other friend mentioned he was going to get it, so I'm looking forward to trying it out. If my wife were interested in it, I would have bought it already.

<]=)

21. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

There is no Duck Hunt 2 announced. Either the store had inside information, or it was a mix up. A lot of people mistook the Wii Play Shooting demo from E3 2006 as a Duck Hunt sequel since nobody knew about Wii Play yet.

22. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

He managed at Gamecrazy before moving on. Their system 'always' listed upcoming games way in advance. The only reason I even asked him about Duck Hunt was because of WiiPlay for obvious reasons. So eh! You can take your all knowing no and push it aside for now. :p

<]=)

23. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

I don't think Nintendo will be coming out with "kill the animal" games anymore.

For fun, I shot the chickens in Crossbow Training and got points knocked off instead... Was fun though...:D

24. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Zelda has always had that chicken thing. Recall that if you kept on hitting one chicken, eventually its kin would fly onto the screen attacking your character. :)

Oh, and I recently killed some fish in Zelda: PH. :p

<]=)