WiiKey Firmware Update

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MRU, Sep 17, 2007.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well I installed the leaked WiiKey firmware and I'm pleased to report the config disc 1.2 is now working.

Freeloader still no longer works with Wii V3 Firmware, but the new update for the WiiKey seems to have sorted out my NTSC imported cube games.

They are all now loading without any form of swap etc..... Great stuff.

Just playing F-Zero GX again :D

2. pcypert macrumors 6502

Thanks for posting that. I had others do my WiiKey mod so I'm not familiar with all the firmware and all that. How does one update it and all that?

Paul

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Simple. Get the 1.9b firmware (search google that's what I did) and Unzip. It bascially contains 3 ISO's for each of the wii regions. Simply use toast to burn the ISO onto CD for the wii you have (pal, jap, usa) and thats it.

Stick the CD into your wii, it mounts as a gamecube disc. Launch.

Firmware test begins, after successful test, it starts again and this time actually does the update.

Reboot wii.

Sorted.. :)

4. pcypert macrumors 6502

Thanks for that. I like the helpful posts on the boards (some people just snipe back google it). Will take a look at it now. Would be excited to start picking up more Cube games.

Paul

5. nerdhunter macrumors newbie

Noob question: Do I still need the Config. 1.2 disc after I do the 1.9 upgrade?

6. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yes at the moment as the official 1.3 config disk hasn't been made available yet. But it should be soon I'd say.

Just noticed on the wiikey website they now have a 1.9b recovery disc, so that if the leaked firmware doesnt go in properly you can recover your firmware back to an earlier state.

Though as I say, mine worked perfectly.

7. Dreamer2go macrumors 6502a

hello
    I was wondering how you can check the firmware version you have for the wiikey.

I modded my wii sometime around March 1X, 2007.